Heavy Duty Mechanic - Vernon, B.C.
A1 Bus has been providing exceptional group transportation services in BC since 2008 so our customers can enjoy their events stress-free. We are passionate about treating our customers and employees fairly, creating an enjoyable work atmosphere, building relationships, and making a difference in our community.
A1Bus is looking for a qualified Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team. Safety as a first priority, we are seeking a committed technician who works with the team to ensure all busses are in good working order and operate safely for our customers and drivers.
- Work as part of an established mechanic team to perform maintenance and repairs to busses and other vehicles to ensure the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate.
- Operate a service vehicle for boosting and mobile repairs. Currently A1 Bus has a fleet of over 100 busses; most are based in Vernon and Kelowna, but the majority of the work would be mobile.
- Diagnose, repair, estimate, overhaul and maintain a variety of buses to ensure they are in good working order and operate safely.
- Prepare buses for CVSE inspections.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance records and documentation utilizing a tablet
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area; maintain and repair shop facilities and equipment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BC Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate. Full size bus models include Thomas & Bluebirds with Freightliner & International Chassis', Cummins and some Mercedes.
- Automotive experience an asset. Smaller busses include Chevy and Ford.
- Valid driver's license. Class 2 with air endorsement or class 1 will be given preference. Willing to help train for the right candidate.
- Ability to work in conditions which are dirty, wet, noisy and greasy – to work outside in all types of weather is required.
- Ability to work independently and to ensure completion of multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other mechanics parts vendors so parts are ordered correctly and promptly and work is done in a coordinated fashion.
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, 40 hours per week; may need to be
flexible with some weekend work
Wage: $30 - $40 per hour
We appreciate all applications, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Please fill out the application form below
Full Time Seasonal Bus Driver
School Bus Driver – Revelstoke B.C.
Safety Is Top Priority at A1 Bus Ltd.
Safety is a top priority at A1 Bus Ltd. We do everything we can to ensure a safe ride to and from your event. Our vehicles are fully compliant with everything required by Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement (CVSE) of British Columbia. We work closely with their officers to ensure constant compliance and that nothing is ever overlooked.
Our buses are inspected a minimum of two times per year by a government-approved inspection facility and many of the buses are voluntarily inspected a third time by a CVSE Senior Area Vehicle Inspector to gain additional school bus certification.
Included inside all of our buses are the following:
a copy of our current insurance (with not less than $10 million liability )
a copy of our 6 month MVI Inspection Report
a copy of our National Safety Code certificate
a copy of our Passenger Transportation license
a copy of our pre-trip checklist to aid the driver in doing their safety pre-trip
We do not usually provide these documents ahead of time (via email) due to the time it takes to get them all together and scan them; however if your organization requires them in advance, we will try our best to accommodate.
A1 Bus is committed to maintaining a safe fleet. If you ever have recommendations for us on how to improve OR witness a bus being driven in an unsafe manner, please note the unit number and call our office at 250-550-4272 so we can address it.